Creamy Coconut Rice with Pineapple and Pepper Pork Kabobs
FOR THE KABOBS:
1 pork tenderloin, cut into cubes
1 green pepper, cut into 2 x 2-inch pieces
1 red pepper, cut into 2 x 2-inch pieces
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup honey
1 tbsp sriracha
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 pineapple, cored, peeled, and cut into large pieces
FOR THE COCONUT RICE:
1 can coconut milk, 400 ml
1/3 cup water
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 cups brown Minute Rice
OPTIONAL: Fresh cilantro for garnish
1. First, prepare your kabobs. In a large bowl combine the pork, peppers, soy sauce, honey, sriracha, garlic powder, and fresh ginger. Let marinate in fridge for 30 minutes-2 hours.
2. Thread the marinated peppers and pork along with the pineapple on skewer sticks.
3. Heat grill on high and grill kabobs until cooked through and until they are slightly
charred, approximately 5-7 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your meat.
4. Meanwhile, cook your rice. In a pot combine the coconut milk, water, garlic powder,
salt, and fresh ginger, and bring to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat to low, cover, and
simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir rice with fork, cover again, and let rice sit
until it absorbs most of the liquid, about 5 minutes.
5. Enjoy rice with kabobs and fresh cilantro.