½ cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp flour
¾ tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp of nutmeg
⅛ tsp salt
4 large baking type apples, peeled and diced
2 store bought or homemade pie shells
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Place one pie crust in a pie dish.
2. Mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and apples in a large bowl. Then pour into the pie crust.
3. Use your second pie crust to top the pie as you wish.
4. Beat egg in a small bowl. Using a small brush, coat the egg wash over the top of the pie, just until all of the top crust has been coated, you will have left over egg.
5. Bake for 50 minutes. (Once pie is browned to your liking you can cover it with foil to finish baking) .